How to Prepare for a New Baby
Preparing for a new baby can involve a lot of steps. Remember that everything doesn't need to be handled in one day and you have months to prepare. Here are a few things Dr. Karp recommends to do before your new baby's arrival.
Newborn Preparation Checklist
- Install the car seat (read our car seat safety checklist)
- Create an emergency preparedness plan
- Cook meals and freeze them
- Check and/or install smoke and carbon monoxide alarms
- Have a working fire extinguisher
- Make sure you, your partner and anyone else living with or visiting your new baby is vaccinated and healthy
Disclaimer: The information on our site is NOT medical advice for any specific person or condition. It is only meant as general information. If you have any medical questions and concerns about your child or yourself, please contact your health provider.