7 Reasons to Celebrate 7 Years of SNOO!
Everyone is starry-eyed over their babies. It’s only natural. And we at Happiest Baby are no exception. We are simply bursting with pride that our baby—SNOO Smart Sleeper—is 7 years old. That’s official big-kid territory! While, sure, SNOO can’t do many of the cool things that most 7-year-olds can do—like expertly use scissors, read a chapter book, or do a somersault—it has definitely hit some super-impressive milestones since making its debut back in 2016.
Unlike human babies, our little one has actually been incubating for nearly 20 years! You see, SNOO was born out of pediatrician Dr. Harvey Karp’s groundbreaking 5 S’s, which first appeared in his bestselling book The Happiest Baby on the Block. There, Dr. Karp shared his expert insights on how swaddling, shushing, swinging, and more mimic the womb to magically calm babies. Those 5 S’s are the guiding principles—coupled with a deep desire to keep babies safely sleeping on their backs all night—that spurred Dr. Karp to team up with engineers, designers, and scientists to create the world’s most innovative baby bed ever made. So, yeah, we’re proud parents alright! For SNOO’s 7th birthday, won’t you join us as we marvel at a few of the milestones SNOO has achieved?
1. SNOO is FDA De Novo Authorized! In 2023, SNOO became the first—and only—infant sleep system to receive De Novo classification from the Food and Drug Administration for its groundbreaking ability to keep sleeping babies safely on their backs all sleep long! That’s so important because back-sleeping is “the single most effective action that parents and caregivers can take to lower a baby’s risk of SIDS,” according to the National Institutes of Health. (For important safety information visit www.happiestbaby.com/fda.)
2. SNOO sleepers clock more than 500 million hours! As of our birthday, babies have soundly snoozed across 35+ nations (and counting!) exactly the way the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends—on their backs—for the equivalent of more than 56,000 years! That also means that hundreds of thousands of parents have been able to rest easier with the confidence that their babies are in a safe sleep position. Win, win!
3. SNOO snags 35 awards—including landing in the TIME 100! Since its birth, SNOO has become the most awarded baby product in history, racking up a staggering 30+ prizes. And we must admit, the accolades never get old! One of our latest accomplishments: Happiest Baby, aka SNOO’s parent company, was named one of TIME magazine’s 100 Most Influential Companies in 2023! A couple of our other proudest wins include the National Sleep Foundation's Innovation of the Year and Fast Company’s 2021 World Changing Ideas Award (health category). SNOO is even part of the permanent collection of America’s national museum, the Smithsonian!
4. SNOO is available to rent! January 2019 was a happy New Year, indeed! That’s when Happiest Baby began its rental program, which lowered the SNOO price point to just a few dollars a day and created flexibility, allowing more parents to commit to SNOO at their own pace with monthly rental options. Plus, today 70+ top companies, like JP Morgan, Snapchat, and Under Armour, now provide SNOO rentals to thousands of working parents...for free! (It’s no surprise that 91% of parents who received the SNOO benefit say they felt their company truly supported their physical and mental well-being.) Three cheers to making the world’s smartest bassinet available to even more parents!
5. SNOO is in 150+ hospitals! When COVID-19 patients began to overwhelm ICUs, Happiest Baby donated over 200 SNOOs to hospitals in the most infected pockets of the country and overseas, hoping to alleviate the immense burden placed on healthcare workers. It worked: SNOO helps save nurses 1.7 hours a shift, which shakes out 3 to 4 hours a day! During a pandemic, with crowded ICUs, that extra time has never been more valuable!
6. SNOO can be added to your baby registry! In 2022, Happiest Baby teamed up with MyRegistry.com—the world’s leading universal gift registry platform—so you can now add all your favorite Happiest Baby products—including SNOO and SNOO rental—to one easy-to-navigate universal registry. Not only is there a coveted group gifting option (even for SNOO rental!), parents-to-be get a completion discount, to boot! Now, that’s something to celebrate!
7. SNOO now comes Pre-Loved, too! If renting isn’t for you, you can still save big-time by choosing a Certified Pre-Loved SNOO, which debuted in 2023. Here, you get everything you love about SNOO—including a quality guarantee, impeccable customer care, and a 1-year warranty—all while saving hundreds of dollars! Even better, there are none of the unnerving unknowns that come with buying a used SNOO elsewhere!
Thank you for trusting SNOO with your precious babies for 7 years! We can't wait to see what's next...for SNOO and you!
Have questions about a Happiest Baby product? Our consultants would be happy to help! Submit your questions here.
Disclaimer: The information on our site is NOT medical advice for any specific person or condition. It is only meant as general information. If you have any medical questions and concerns about your child or yourself, please contact your health provider.