5 Things You Didn’t Know About Life Insurance
You’ve probably already done all the things to prepare for your bundle of joy…but many parents forget one crucial form of financial protection for their family: life insurance. And, did you know that even if you already have insurance through one or both parents, it still might not be enough? Here are five things new moms and dads need to know…
1. While 70% of employees get life insurance through their employer, most are only offered coverage equal to their annual salary. Financial experts often recommend life insurance coverage 5 to 10 times your annual salary.
2. If you’re already covered but need additional protection once you have a child, applying for a supplemental policy for the difference can be cheaper than cancelling your existing policy and applying for a new policy for the total amount. Why? You’re older than when you first applied, which can drive up your rate.
3. It no longer takes weeks (or even months!) to apply for life insurance and get coverage. Today, affordable, comprehensive, and quality coverage can be purchased online in minutes.
4. Life insurance doesn't have to be expensive! For example, a 35-year-old mom in excellent health may qualify for a 20-year, $500,000 Haven Term policy for a monthly premium of only $17.50.
5. Life insurance isn't just reserved for the fittest and healthiest among us. Many parents in just "good" or "average" health can still get the coverage they need to protect their families.
Happiest Baby has teamed up with our friends at Haven Life to bring families an affordable and dependable term life insurance option, and we will receive a referral fee if you choose to sign up.
Haven Term is a Term Life Insurance Policy (ICC21 Haven Term in certain states, including NC) issued by C.M. Life Insurance Company (C.M. Life), Enfield, CT 06082. In New York (DTC-NY) and California (DTC-CA), and in other states it is issued by Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual), Springfield, MA 01111-0001. Rates for applicants in CA, DE, FL, ND, NY and SD may be higher.
Have questions about a Happiest Baby product? Our consultants would be happy to help! Connect with us at email@example.com.
Disclaimer: The information on our site is NOT medical advice for any specific person or condition. It is only meant as general information. If you have any medical questions and concerns about your child or yourself, please contact your health provider.