Happiest Baby is looking for a Soft Goods Designer to design and help launch our new line of soft goods for the baby nursery. We’re looking for an experienced and motivated rock star with textile experience, a design background, and a great artistic sense to create original designs that embody the brand. Happiest Baby is on a mission to create solutions that help children and families be healthier and happier – join us!
- Refine and use systems and tools to edit existing design ideas
- Create original concepts and designs that are on-brand and on-trend
- Conduct design research and stay on top of design trends
- Recommend fabric and material selection for new products
- Present seasonal designs to management team
- Own sampling, prototyping, and patterning process and act as main point of contact between contract manufacturer and company from a design perspective
- Put together tech packs for contract manufacturer
- Manage design timeline with contract manufacturer and collaborate with Operations team to execute and meet the final launch timeline
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- BFA or BA or other design related degree
- 5+ years in product development role in fabrics or textiles industry with design background
- Proficiency in design tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, NedGraphics, and CAD as well as ability to hand illustrate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Highly flexible, responsive, and open to feedback and direction from others and great communication skills
- Attention to details and highly organized
- Ability to perform without the support of a large design staff
- Strong communication, problem solving, project management, and crisis management skills
- Ability to take full ownership, multi-task, and drive projects with a high level of independence and resourcefulness
- Ability to deliver high-quality products and meet timelines and budget
- Excited to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, high-energy, and team-oriented environment
- Has interest and ability to foster strong internal cross-functional and external business relationships
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Happiest Baby, Inc. is an established family brand and a mission-driven company dedicated to developing science-based solutions to the biggest challenges facing parents today. Their innovative products and services are boosting children’s safety and emotional well-being and building happier, healthier families across the country and around the world.
The team is led by Dr. Harvey Karp, America’s most popular pediatrician, child development expert, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the USC School of Medicine, and author of bestselling titles, The Happiest Baby on the Block and The Happiest Toddler on the Block which have sold millions of copies. His revolutionary discoveries in infant development and sleep and toddler communication have helped families for over 15 years. Over 3,000 Happiest Baby educators teach his innovations in hospitals and clinics across the US and in dozens of other nations. His work has been recommended as a trusted and beloved guide by millions of parents.
Building on more than 30 years of research, Happiest Baby, Inc. is venture-backed and about to launch a game-changing suite of products that will solve the top concern of new parents, exhaustion. These landmark products will improve the lives of children and their parents by leveraging the latest insights in infant sleep, bed sharing, breastfeeding, swaddling, and reducing the risk of SIDS and postpartum depression. Never again will parents stand by exhausted and helplessly while their baby cries!
LOCATION: Santa Monica, CA
Principals only. No recruiters please.