Happiest Baby is looking for a Director, Finance to lead all FP&A activities, manage the budget and forecast, prepare investor relations materials, set up and measure KPIs, support future fundraising and financing activities, and do ad-hoc business analysis.
This key role will assess and communicate the “state of the business” to the executive team and advise on strategic business decisions that will impact the future direction of the company. We’re looking for an experienced and motivated rock star to start and lead the finance function and scale with the business as we rapidly grow.
Happiest Baby is on a mission to create solutions that help children and families be healthier and happier – join us!
- Perform financial planning and analysis and work with executives to align financial projections with internal budgets.
- Use data to gain and communicate strategic insights and make sure that we’re appropriately allocating resources to the biggest opportunities.
- Work with all cross-functional teams to align on success KPIs, then measure and report them at the executive level to facilitate business strategy and discussions.
- Working with the CEO and COO and provide project management and analytical support in future fundraising and/or financing activities and help maintain a robust cash pipeline.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements and cash reports.
- Assist with preparation of all investor relations materials including board decks.
- Create and own company-level and department-level budget and work with all cross-functional groups to ensure efficiency on headcount and expenses and drive to a profitable and sustainable business model.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to improve business efficiency and help them be successful.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
- 7+ years of financial analysis experience
- 3+ years of FP&A / corporate finance experience at a top-tier company or a startup
- Investment banking or management consulting experience highly preferred
- Consumer products, e-commerce, wholesale, and startup experience highly preferred
- Strong and experienced people and team manager and leader, but also able to roll up the sleeves and “do the work” in the beginning without a team
- Strong analytical and modeling skills
- Strong communication, problem solving, and project management skills
- Ability to take full ownership, multi-task, and drive projects with a high level of independence and resourcefulness
- Excited to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, high-energy, and team-oriented environment
- Has interest and ability to foster strong internal cross-functional and external business relationships
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Happiest Baby, Inc. is an established family brand and a mission-driven company dedicated to developing science-based solutions to the biggest challenges facing parents today. Their innovative products and services are boosting children’s safety and emotional well-being and building happier, healthier families across the country and around the world.
The team is led by Dr. Harvey Karp, America’s most popular pediatrician, child development expert, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the USC School of Medicine, and author of bestselling titles, The Happiest Baby on the Block and The Happiest Toddler on the Block which have sold millions of copies. His revolutionary discoveries in infant development and sleep and toddler communication have helped families for over 15 years. Over 3,000 Happiest Baby educators teach his innovations in hospitals and clinics across the US and in dozens of other nations. His work has been recommended as a trusted and beloved guide by millions of parents.
Building on more than 30 years of research, Happiest Baby, Inc. is venture-backed and about to launch a game-changing suite of products that will solve the top concern of new parents, exhaustion. These landmark products will improve the lives of children and their parents by leveraging the latest insights in infant sleep, bed sharing, breastfeeding, swaddling, and reducing the risk of SIDS and postpartum depression. Never again will parents stand by exhausted and helplessly while their baby cries!
LOCATION: Santa Monica, CA