Happiest Baby, Inc. is a mission-driven technology company, developing science-based products and solutions to improve the health, safety and emotional well-being of children and parents around the world.
As Senior Mechanical Engineer you would be leading the design of our innovative IoT and robotics consumer products. You will be working with a dynamic and collaborative team where your work makes an impact and designing trail-blazing new products that make a difference.
- Lead ME architecture, development and design-for-manufacturing of consumer electronics products
- Collaborate with ID to convert ideas into manufacturable products
- Spearhead the design, testing, quality and process improvement of electro-mechanical, injection molding, sheet metal, machined and composites parts
- Find creative solutions for seemingly impossible problems
- Work with all the disciplines of the product team
- Travel domestically and internationally to meet with vendors on manufacturing, quality and other technical projects
Desired Experience & Skills
- 7+ years of mechanical and product design
- Experience with consumer electronics, robotics, IoT or mobile with a focus on high volume and high quality products.
- Must have taken several product through the complete development cycle; from idea to volume manufacturing
- Hands-on, work independently, department of one, strong trouble shooter that thinks outside the norm
- Skilled in electro-mechanical, injection molding, sheet metal, machined and composite parts
- Extensive experience with off shore manufacturers, tooling makers and suppliers
- Strong working knowledge of 3D solid modeling, preferably SolidWorks (but Pro/E ok as well)
- Extras: thermal analysis, machine shop experience, rapid prototyping, FEA, mold flow analysis, model making
- Bachelor or Master’s in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics or equivalent
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Happiest Baby, Inc. is an established family brand and a mission-driven company dedicated to developing science-based solutions to the biggest challenges facing parents today. Their innovative products and services are boosting children’s safety and emotional well-being and building happier, healthier families across the country and around the world.
The team is led by Dr. Harvey Karp, America’s most popular pediatrician, child development expert, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the USC School of Medicine, and author of bestselling titles, The Happiest Baby on the Block and The Happiest Toddler on the Block which have sold millions of copies. His revolutionary discoveries in infant development and sleep and toddler communication have helped families for over 15 years. Over 3,000 Happiest Baby educators teach his innovations in hospitals and clinics across the US and in dozens of other nations. His work has been recommended as a trusted and beloved guide by millions of parents.
Building on more than 30 years of research, Happiest Baby, Inc. is venture-backed and about to launch a game-changing suite of products that will solve the top concern of new parents, exhaustion. These landmark products will improve the lives of children and their parents by leveraging the latest insights in infant sleep, bed sharing, breastfeeding, swaddling, and reducing the risk of SIDS and postpartum depression. Never again will parents stand by exhausted and helplessly while their baby cries!
LOCATION: Santa Monica, CA