Want to change the world…? Join us!
For over a decade, Happiest Baby has empowered parents with knowledge and skills to raise happy and healthy children. This is a rare and extraordinary opportunity to help launch groundbreaking new products and services, and work with one of the top pediatricians of our times to help parents and children around the world.
Our company is founded by America’s top pediatrician, Dr. Harvey Karp, whose landmark insights have revolutionized our understanding of the physical and emotional needs of children. We are creating a world-leading lifestyle brand and developing smart products and services that solve the biggest challenges facing modern families.
We are looking for an experienced individual to play a critical role in our revenue accounting function. This position's monthly responsibilities consist of administering the monthly revenue recognition and close process for related accounts and processes, process optimization, and supporting the monthly close with activities such as: articulating and documenting support files for journal entries that post revenue recognition and deferred revenue to the G/L, creating revenue share reports, initiating check requests and invoices for revenue share for our business partners, analyzing and recording bank transactions, bank transfers, managing cash clearing accounts, analyzing balance sheet accounts, as well as a variety of ad hoc analyses and reports.
- Analyzing revenue related balance sheet accounts in concert with the fiscal close.
- GAAP accounting research and documentation of proposed application of GAAP through an accounting memo
- Work on assigned duties relating to the close (accrual journal entries, adjustment, and revenue transaction uploads)
- Lead and review/post journal entries and batches for team members at the staff level.
- Assist in strengthening and optimizing processes.
- Create, approve, and post journal entries and maintain journal entry log.
- Prepare and review financial statements complete with supporting analysis (BS, P&L, etc.)
- Assist in year-end audits, tax preparation, etc.
- 3-5 years public and/or industry accounting experience. E-commerce experience preferred
- CPA preferred - active or inactive
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Strong technical accounting background and excellent documentation skills.
- Must have inventory experience and/or be able to demonstrate strong understanding of how inventory works
- Able to work under pressure in a dynamic startup environment with tight deadlines
- Excellent Excel skills (Powerpivot, Powerquery, pivots, large amounts of data, VLOOKUP, INDEX(MATCH), SUMIF, SUMIFS, SEARCH(ISNUMBER), NESTED IFs, etc.)
- Knowledge of Quickbooks and/or NetSuite preferred.
- Pluses: SQL report and query writing, visual basic programming, ability to write macros, familiarity with database architecture and functionality, supervisory experience