Happiest Baby is looking for a Planning Analyst to join our Operations team. We’re looking for motivated critical thinkers who love creating simple solutions to large complex problems, building data-driven models and engaging in out-of-the-box thinking to solve real-world problems.
Happiest Baby is a rapidly growing, VC-backed, technology company – creator of the world’s first robotic bassinet. We are on a mission to help parents succeed at raising happy and healthy, children. We offer a competitive salary, superb health benefits, take-what-you-need paid time off, and catered meals daily.
The Planning Analyst will report to the Head of Operations and will assist in managing the end-to-end operations of a rapidly growing start-up. Specific responsibilities include:
- Inventory planning & procurement - manage and drive insight from the inventory planning models; develop new analytical models for demand/supply forecasts; assist in developing standard processes for procurement and planning.
- Transportation - manage small-parcel and freight shipping carrier relationships, assist in formulating shipping carrier strategy (including international shipping), measure and improve cost and service level of carriers.
- Fulfillment - manage and audit 3rd party warehouse and refurbishment partners for accuracy, quality, timeliness, high-quality, and cost.
- Prepare and give detailed data-driven business reviews to senior management
- Work with cross-functional teams, including Product Development, Customer Service, Finance, Accounting, and external vendors and suppliers to ensure coordinated and seamless execution.
- Identify and implement new systems and processes and recruit additional talent as necessary to help scale the business.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Math, Business, Economics, or other relative quantitative discipline
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in supply chain, procurement, planning, manufacturing, finance
- Strong analytical skills (Excel modeling and data analysis, expert in functions like pivot tables and v-lookup)
- Consumer products, e-commerce, wholesale, and startup experience
- Experience, or knowledge of, ERP/MRP/MRP II systems
- Experience with supply chain modeling and other statistical analysis tools
LOCATION: Santa Monica, CA
Principals only. No recruiters please.