Happiest Baby is looking for an Office Manager to manage the daily operations of the company and ensure that business operations run seamlessly and our employees are well supported. This critical role will be in charge of a variety of key responsibilities, including correspondence and scheduling, procurement, facility, reception, IT, event planning, and various other administrative tasks. Happiest Baby is on a mission to create solutions that make children and families healthier and happier – join us!
- Manage office services and procurement of office supplies, IT equipment, office furniture, snacks, meals, etc.
- Manage office facilities, including cleaning crew, parking, and other third-party vendors.
- Manage executive expenses, schedules, and travel.
- Manage all administrative office duties, including record keeping and reception.
- Support basic IT needs, including routing technology needs, interacting with IT consultants, and overseeing technology maintenance.
- Prepare workstations for new hires and assist with onboarding for new hires.
- Support executives with correspondence, including media requests and speaking engagements.
- Plan social and teambuilding events.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent writing and communication skills, highly organized and intellectually curious
- 5+ years of relevant experience, involving all or some of the following: project management, bookkeeping, customer relations, and executive assistant experience
- System-savvy and ability to pick up new systems quickly
- Strong computer skills, with high proficiency in Microsoft Office (knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator a plus)
- Desire to make a difference in the world and a “can do” attitude
- Strong communication, problem solving, project management, and crisis management skills
- Ability to take full ownership, multi-task, and drive projects with a high level of independence and resourcefulness
- Excited to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, high-energy, and team-oriented environment
- Has interest and ability to foster strong internal cross-functional and external business relationships
About the company
Happiest Baby, Inc. is an established family brand and a mission-driven company dedicated to developing science-based solutions to the biggest challenges facing parents today. Their innovative products and services are boosting children’s safety and emotional well-being and building happier, healthier families across the country and around the world.
The team is led by Dr. Harvey Karp, America’s most popular pediatrician, child development expert, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the USC School of Medicine, and author of bestselling titles, The Happiest Baby on the Block and The Happiest Toddler on the Block which have sold millions of copies combined. His revolutionary discoveries in infant development, sleep and toddler communication have helped families for over 15 years. Over 3,000 Happiest Baby educators teach his innovations in hospitals and clinics across the US and in dozens of other nations. His work has been recommended as a trusted and beloved guide by millions of parents.
Building on more than 30 years of research, Happiest Baby, Inc. is venture-backed and about to launch a game-changing suite of products that will solve the top concern of new parents, exhaustion. These landmark products will improve the lives of children and their parents by leveraging the latest insights in infant sleep, bed sharing, breastfeeding, swaddling, and reducing the risk of SIDS and postpartum depression. Never again will parents stand by exhausted and helplessly while their baby cries!
LOCATION: Santa Monica, CA
Principals only. No recruiters please.