As new parents, you will want to do everything possible to keep your child safe. Here are 5 extra tips for keeping your tot safe…during sleep:
After you install your alarms and buy your extinguishers, give your insurance company a call. They should give you a substantial discount on your bill for taking all these precautions.
- Never leave your toddler alone on an adult bed. Children often roll in their sleep and can hit their heads very hard if they roll off.
- Install smoke alarms. If you already have them, check to make sure they work.
- Install a carbon monoxide detector in the hallway near your bedrooms.
- Store an easy-to-grab fire extinguisher on each floor.
- Make an escape plan in case of an emergency (like a fire). If you live high above the ground, keep a rope ladder and a fire evacuation hood on hand.