My son screams when swaddled. I need your help!
It is very common for babies to fight swaddling, but they do so much better with it. Once swaddled well, the other S’s turn on the calming reflex and babies then learn to LOVE the swaddle. Although you are using the Miracle Blanket & he wriggles free of that, you may need to try another type of swaddling blanket or even try using a large, thin blanket of breathable fabric (muslin, cotton or flannelette); making sure his arms are down at his side and the swaddle is extremely snug.
- During this very very hot weather in California the temperature in the hot is running in the 80′s, is it wise to have the baby swaddled?
- I recently watched your DVD and love the swaddling concept. My question is that we live on an island in the Caribbean in an un-air conditioned house, and I am concerned my baby may get too hot being all swaddled up … after I do it he seems very hot and sweaty… although he usually sleeps better and seems pretty calm. How hot is too hot?
- Is there an increased risk of SIDS when having my baby swaddled?
- I would love to know if the 5 Ss are mainly for newborns or if you can start with an older baby (12 weeks)
- My son is five months old and continues to need to be swaddled to sleep. I’m really concerned that he will still feel he needs to be swaddled at 9 months of age, but won’t fit in any blankets.