Help your baby…the Happiest Baby way!
“Dr. Karp’s book is fascinating. It presents the top science about babies in a style that is sensible and a pleasure to read. It will guide new parents for many years to come.”
— Julius Richmond, MD, Professor of Health Policy, Harvard Medical School, founding director of Head Start, Surgeon General of the United States 1977-1981
“Dr. Karp’s practical approach is the best way I know to help crying babies.”
— Steven Shelov, M.D., Chairman, Department of Pediatrics, Infants and Children’s Hospital of Brooklyn, editor, American Academy of Pediatrics Caring for Your New Baby and Young Child
“Harvey writes about areas that most parenting books don’t address. What every mother needs are simple tools that really work…and Harvey’s do.”
— Michelle Pfeiffer, actress/producer
“The Happiest Baby on the Block is fun and convincing. I highly recommend it.”
— Elisabeth Bing, founder of Lamaze International
“A must read! Dr. Karp offers insightfulness into parenting by combining ancient and modern wisdom. Our baby boy responded to the 5 “S’s” immediately!”
— Keely and Pierce Brosnan, TV journalist/environmentalist and actor
“There is nothing quite like watching Dr. Harvey work wonders on a screaming baby. He’s not a pediatrician, he’s a magician. Every time I bring my kids in to see him, I walk out wishing he was their father.”
— Larry David, star of Curb Your Enthusiasm and co-creator of Seinfeld
In 2002, Dr. Karp stunned the medical world (and made parents cheer!) by solving the 3000-year-old mystery of colic with his discovery of the calming reflex – the incredible “off-switch” for infant crying and on switch for baby sleep that can soothe most fussy babies in minutes… or less and add 1-3 hours to a baby’s sleep. Since the initial release of his work, this award winning DVD and book, The Happiest Baby on the Block, have literally redefined our culture’s understanding of the needs of newborns.
No wonder pediatricians across the country are praising him and millions of parents, from working moms to superstars like Madonna and Michele Pfeiffer, have turned to him to learn the secrets for making their babies happy.
Never again will parents have to stand by helpless and frazzled while their poor baby cries and cries. There IS a cure for colic. Dr. Karp shows the world that we do not have to let our babies cry it out. “Now parents can easily learn the methods used by the best baby soothers throughout history.”
In a thought-provoking new view of infancy, Dr. Karp blends modern science and ancient wisdom to prove that newborns are not really ready for the world when they are born. Through his research and experience, he has developed four basic principles that are crucial for understanding babies…improving their sleep…and, soothing their senses:
- The Missing 4th Trimester: As odd as it may sound, one of the main reasons babies cry is because they are born three months too soon.
- The Calming Reflex: The automatic reset switch that can stop a baby’s crying…and boost a baby’s sleep…during the first months of life.
- The 5 S’s: Five simple steps that trigger the calming reflex (swaddling, side/stomach position, shushing, swinging and sucking). For centuries, parents have tried these methods only to fail because, as with a knee reflex, the calming reflex only works when it is triggered in exactly the right way.
- The Cuddle Cure: The perfect mix the 5 S’s that can soothe even most colicky infants and add hours to their sleep.
In his award-winning DVD and book, Dr. Karp also explains::
- What is colic?
- Why is infant crying more common in the evening?
- How can a parent calm a fussy baby – in mere minutes?
- Can babies be spoiled?
- When should a parent of a fussy baby call the doctor?
- What can a parent do to instantly boost their baby’s sleep?
Even the most loving moms and dads sometimes feel pushed to the breaking point by their infant’s persistent cries. Coming to the rescue, however, Dr. Karp places in the hands of parents, grandparents, and all childcare givers the tools they need to be able to make 95% of babies calm, happy and well rested!
Want to learn a little more? Read Dr. Karp answers to the most frequently asked questions about The Happiest Baby. Just click here.
Click here to order The Happiest Baby DVD, book and “Super-Soothing” Sleep Sounds CD for yourself or a friend… today!
Click here to download the “New Parents’ Survival Guide” from DR. KARP