In the Happiest Baby video, the swining/jiggling is demonstrated and then showed how to use the swing to continue the motion after the baby has calmed down. Do baby bouncers (that vibrate) work as well as swings?
Vibrating chairs do work for some, although Dr. Karp recommends using swings instead of vibrating chairs as the swing will work much better. Please make sure you have watched The Happiest Baby DVD a few times as it is extremely important to implement the techniques correctly (swaddled snuggly, safely strapped into the seat, background CD of white noise, etc).
- Question regarding the “Calming Reflex” technique on The Happiest Baby video.
- Is it dangerous to continue to swaddle a baby after they are able to roll over?
- We did not know about The Happiest Baby on the Block when our son was born and suffered through months of sleep deprivation & post-partum depression as we couldn’t soothe him. He hated being swaddled. Our question is; we would like to add to our family but cannot see ourselves surviving another colicky child. Why do you think your techniques work?
- Do the 5 S’s work with high need babies?
- I was wondering – she HATES her car seat and often screams inconsolably while in it – any tricks for getting her to be happier/more comfortable while en route?