I would love to know if the 5 Ss are mainly for newborns or if you can start with an older baby (12 weeks)
The 5 S’s will still be beneficial if you begin swaddling your son as they work well past 3 months. Also, swaddling correctly is the cornerstone of good calming and sleep. Dr. Karp recommends swaddling at least until 4 months of age, and many babies need it until 5, 6, 7 months of age. If your son is getting out of the swaddle, the blanket may be too small or he is incorrectly wrapped. The Perfect Swaddling Solution is a great swaddle blanket as it is a large, thin blanket perfect for getting a snug swaddle and can be found on our website.
- My son screams when swaddled. I need your help!
- Is it dangerous to continue to swaddle a baby after they are able to roll over?
- I recently watched your DVD and love the swaddling concept. My question is that we live on an island in the Caribbean in an un-air conditioned house, and I am concerned my baby may get too hot being all swaddled up … after I do it he seems very hot and sweaty… although he usually sleeps better and seems pretty calm. How hot is too hot?
- Question regarding the “Calming Reflex” technique on The Happiest Baby video.
- My 3-month old son wakes up early from naps and can’t put himself back to sleep. What do I do?