Help! How do we undo the fabulous swaddle technique?
Some babies need swaddling up to 9-10 months of age, but rarely longer. A great tool to be used when trying to wean from the swaddle & for sleep in general is our ‘Super-Soothing’ Sleep Sounds CD of white noise. Dr. Karp suggests playing tracks 3, 4 or 5 at the sound level of a shower and play continuously throughout their naps and nighttime sleeps. Your babies will find it much easier to wean from the swaddle when there is sound in the room. After a few nights of continuously playing white noise for your twins, try swaddling them with one arm out of the swaddle as described on page 218 of The Happiest Baby on the Block book. Once your twins are sleeping soundly with one arm out, you can try & stop the swaddling altogether (continue to play white noise throughout this process).
- Need advice – weaning the swaddle at 4 months: do I need to be concerned about prohibiting motor development if I’m still swaddling her?
- My son is having a growth spurt and is teething, screaming all of the time & moving his arms & legs up and down. It takes forever to calm him unless he is swaddled. What should I do?
- how do I wean my baby from swaddling?
- My wife and I have been swaddling our 9 month old for naps and nighttime since birth. Now we can’t get him to sleep without it! Help!
- Is it dangerous to continue to swaddle a baby after they are able to roll over?