Recertification and Continuing Education
Re-certification for The Happiest Baby Certification Program must be done every three years, beginning with the original date of certification. The following steps must be taken by an Educator to qualify for re-certification:
- Complete and provide documentation to The Happiest Baby Education Association for 14 hours of continuing education in postnatal issues including, but not limited to; postpartum depression, breastfeeding, infant behavior, father involvement, stress reduction, shaken baby syndrome, or child abuse prevention. Photocopies of certificates are acceptable. Please contact The Director of Education @ email@example.com with any questions concerning this requirement.
- Submit 3 evaluation forms from 3 Happiest Baby class participants.
- Complete Re-certification Application.
- Pay a $50 re-certification fee.
Alternatives to Continuing Education for Recertification
The following alternatives for all or part of the continuing education requirement for recertification (for a total of 14 points or contact hours. 1 alternative point = 1 contact hour) have been approved:
- Attendance at a Postpartum Doula Training taught by DONA International or CAPPA approved Postpartum Training. (Contact hours offered by organization)
- Attendance at Lactation Educator or Consultant training. (Contact hours offered by organization)
- Attendance at Infant Massage Educator training. (Contact hours offered by organization)
- Attendance at Prevent Child Abuse America training. (Contact hours offered by organization)
- Attendance at an educational event or support group relating to parenting or postpartum field not offering contact hours.
Form A (1 Alternative point = 1 meeting)
ocument with a certificate of attendance or verification of attendance form signed by educator. CLICK HERE FOR FORM A
- Independent study.
Form B (1 Alternative point = 1 book/clinical article)
Document with a review of information contained in the book or clinical article. CLICK HERE TO FOR FORM B
This program has been approved to award 5.5 contact hours by the Ohio Board of Nursing through the OBN Approver, Ohio Organization of Nurse Executives.
6.5 alternate contact hours approved by ICEA and 6.5 alternate contact hours approved by Lamaze.