Babies are ready to be born after 9 months?
NO – After 9 months of pregnancy, moms are certainly ready for it to end, but babies are not. Unlike horses, able to run from the first day, our newborns are very immature at birth.
- Babies are born with a “cry reflex,” and not a “laugh reflex”
- We did not know about The Happiest Baby on the Block when our son was born and suffered through months of sleep deprivation & post-partum depression as we couldn’t soothe him. He hated being swaddled. Our question is; we would like to add to our family but cannot see ourselves surviving another colicky child. Why do you think your techniques work?
- I have heard about your book thru friends, but my little boy is almost 8 months. Does your book apply to babies that old?
- My son is five months old and continues to need to be swaddled to sleep. I’m really concerned that he will still feel he needs to be swaddled at 9 months of age, but won’t fit in any blankets.
- Are babies hearing sounds that adults can’t?